Lead Designer, Design Systems, June 2021 – Present
- Design Lead for the GoodRx Design System Team. Responsible for managing the work of five system designers and mentoring them.
- Responsible for creating and managing a consistent design language, used to guide building product features.
- Established a delivery cadence and a scalable process to grow and maintain a high quality design system.
- Advocated for design consistency, inclusive design, efficiency, detailed documentation, and systemized solutions across the Product Design organization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Basis Technologies (formerly Centro)
Senior Product Designer, September 2019 – June 2021
- Lead the creation of Centro’s new design system. Established foundational design primitives, tokens, and guidelines for designers and developers to reference.
- Converted a component development kit into a proper design system. Audited existing components for inconsistencies, redundancies, and accessibility considerations.
- Educated the tech organization (developers, product owners, and design) on what a design system is and how to use new tokens and components.
- Lead the creation of a design system Zeroheight documentation web site that explained component variants and UX best practices that all disciplines could reference.
- Elevated strategic thinking internally by teaching accessibility and UX best practices through thought leadership presentations.
- Related the design system roadmap to the organization’s product roadmap and internal initiatives.
- Validated design system components by studying analytics and conducting user testing.
- Advocated for the design system and UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through documentation, visuals, and presentations.
Senior Visual Designer, May 2018 – September 2019
- Contributed new components into an already existing design system. Built new components in a systematic, resuable way with flexible variants to reduce technical debt across all feature teams at the company.
- Designed components against multiple themes (light and dark mode).
- Wrote brand, visual, user experience guidelines as well as technical standards for application development that provide a scalable framework for quickly crafting consistent and efficient enterprise applications.
- Designed and maintained a systematic visual design system that created a cohesive user experience across all Uptake products.
Freelance Senior Designer,
2017 – 2018
Senior Art Director,
2016 – 2017
2013 – 2016
2010 – 2013
2006 – 2010
BFA: Graphic Design
2002 – 2006
Season 2, Episode 3